Hair Extensions . Luxury hair extensions with perfect color matching. We offer the highest quality human hair and expert application.
- Adds fullness and length to your existing hair, up to 20 inches if desired
- Price can range from $800 to $2,500
- Can be applied in about 1 to 4 hours
- Can create an entire hair makeover
Photograph of Brittany with nine bundles for length
- Adds thickness to your hair without adding length. Great for first time extension clients.
- Perfect for adding a fuller look to fine hair
- Price can range from $100 to about $800
- Can be applied in about 30 min to 2 hours, depending on how much hair is added
- Hair extensions are added where needed, or applied evenly through the hair, resulting in thick ends without the traditional weight of extensions.
Photograph of Brittany with four bundles for thickness
About Hairdreams® individually bonded extensions
- 100% virgin, remy human hair that we color match.
- Small individual bundles of hair bonded to your own hair strands with tiny heat activated protein bonds.
- Two to three hour application time is typical.
- Can be worn four to six months depending on how fast your hair grows. Extensions cannot be moved up the head. At the end of the wearing period, extensions are removed and replaced with a new set.
- An initial blending cut is included. Follow up maintenance cuts are required to keep your extensions looking good.
- A consultation is required prior to your service. The consultation is a service that includes measurements along with color and texture matching. The consultation fee ($75.00) is applied toward your purchase price.
Frequently Asked Questions about Extensions
What should I be looking for when shopping for salon applied extensions? Two things affect your final look. The first is the talent of the stylist doing the design and application. Lots of salons do extensions, but not every salon does them well. The second is the quality of the hair and the attachment method. This varies according to which brand of extensions is used.
Why do I have to pay a consultation fee? All of our consultations are complimentary with the exception of hair extensions. Extension consultations take 45 - 60 minutes, include color matching and measurements, and since our stylists can schedule a color or cut in that time, we feel that charging for this time is appropriate. We apply the consultation fee as a credit toward your purchase if you proceed with an appointment for extensions.
Is there a real difference between brands of extensions? . Simply put, yes. There are four or five major brands that feature top of the line hair and bondings, and we have used four others before settling on Hairdreams®. The quality of hair and bondings can vary widely between brands, so if you see extensions offered at a price that just seems too good to be true, it's too good to be true. This is because high quality hair is expensive and is getting more expensive all the time.
What should I be looking for when comparing price and quality? If you want your extensions to feel like real hair, they need to be 100% human hair with the cuticle layer intact all the way down the hair shaft. This is sometimes referred to as "Remy" hair. Salons price their extensions differently, so find out what's included in your quote. Additional costs can include coloring your existing hair and/or the extensions; a haircut (which is necessary for blending); and products you will need to maintain your extensions. Add everything up to get your actual cost and get a price quote in writing.
How long will my extensions last? If you follow the simple home care program, the longevity of your extensions is a result of how fast your hair grows because the extension bonds will move down your head as your hair gets longer. Three to six months is the range, depending on growth rate and how well you maintain them.
Can I re-use my extensions more than once? Hairdreams and most other top of the line brands say you can re-use your extensions once or twice, a process they call "re-bonding", but we don't do this, because in our opinion, re-bonded extension don't look nearly as good as the initial application. Another downside to re-bonding is that you have to go without your extensions for weeks while the old ones are being re-bonded at the factory.
Are extensions hard to take care of? No, but they can take more brushing than you may be used to, and the brush must be of a certain type. Additionally, you must avoid certain types of shampoos and conditioners. In addition to the special brush and care in choice of shampoos, a regular follow-up blending cut is a crucial requirement for the longevity of your extensions.
How can I tell if I'm not a good candidate before I pay for a consultation? There are several reasons extensions may not work for you. If you are allergic to nylon, we cannot use Hairdreams® bonded extensions, because there is a tiny bit of nylon in the bonding tip. Additionally, if you have a large patch of scalp showing due to thinning hair or medical treatment you may not be a good candidate. We would need to see you to make a final determination.
Do I have to pay all at once? The cost is split into two payments. Payment 1, which covers hair is due prior at time the application appointment is scheduled and prior to us purchasing your hair (we can't return it). Payment 2 is due the day of your extension services.